Pages

Friday 18 March 2011

Road Trip

I began my final semester one, looking at maps. All different kinds of maps from road maps to tube maps. I started by drawing the maps in different colour ways, looking at the patterns the lines make and how I could interpret them.

My own image

This was one page I did in my sketchbook looking at the different thickness's and types of lines and found within a road map. I liked the blocks of colour representing the forests/parks/green land I changed the colour to a more modern palette and created a completely new look. 


This was another page in my sketchbook where I used a road map from A-Z Maps, and collaged it, cutting out the shapes in between the roads, rivers and railways. Underneith I drew my own lines to create some different layers. 

These were just some starting points for my childrens interior project.  


No comments:

Post a Comment